CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

So I just discovered something...

I think I'm finally an official grown up.

(Although, I accept the fact that by having to say that I may have invalidated my claim.)

Let me restate that: I realized today that I'm at very least one step closer to being an official grown up.

How did I discover this? I was talking to my sister earlier today and I said "This thing I read said..." and it hit me just like that - within one day I had three times referred to something I had read or was reading. How crazy is that? When did I make the shift from talking about something I've seen or heard or learned about in school to talking about things that I've read on my own freewill? And I'm not talking romance novels or works of fiction - I'm talking online newspaper articles, classic literature, and ancient philosophy and Christian writers. When did that happen?

Not only that, but I find myself all of a sudden thinking about things on a deeper level. Instead of accepting at face value what people tell me like I've tended to in the past, I now actually think about it, and if I can't come to conclusions on my own I research the subject in question. It's like my brain took a developmental leap and all of a sudden my logic and my reasoning abilities have jumped forward. I'm not gonna lie, it's really weird. Cool, but weird.

Anyone else out there who's around my age that's experiencing this? Or maybe someone who's older who remembers feeling this way? Or am I just weird?

0 comments: