CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

God is amazing...no, really!

I'm so in love with God. I really am. He has brought me out of so much crap this summer.

I came to Weatherford and almost instantly slipped into depression and sadness and just let everyone else determine how I was feeling - I took on the emotions of my parents and my siblings, and it wasn't good. It wasn't me.

It took some struggling, and some major attitude adjustment on my part, but God pulled me out of the pit I had dug myself into. In the words of the Parachute band: "[he] called my soul when I was struggling to breathe. [He] made me whole and now [his] majesty I sing." I was drowning in everything that I was surrounded with and I wasn't strong enough to pull myself out - but He called me. His voice roared like a lion and from miles away I heard it - - - and the cool thing is, when God speaks, He also sends His grace and power as well, giving me the ability to respond.

I feel so free now! I felt surrounded and crowded in, and He's progressively pulled me out over the summer and set me free! I feel like my spirit has room to soar for the first time in months! I feel like I could run and jump and laugh and cheer, all because He set me free! He rescued me and came for me - - - even when I felt most unworthy, He came for me! And - more than that, He showed me how He's been working on me all summer; how He's never left me. He showed me His hand in my life and just how much He's done over the hot summer months to bring me to this place.

Even when I'm far away
Your presence never leaves
Even when I'm most unworthy
You still pursue me, draw me near

I feel so undeserving
Of this love poured out so freely
I feel like I've turned too many time

Everywhere I turn
You search for me
Everywhere I look
You call to me

Like a lion's roar
From miles away
I hear and come -
Come running from my pit

You lift me up once again,
Shining your light on me
Once again I'm safe in your arms
Just where I belong.

0 comments: