CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Poetry...

Anyone who knows me knows that I love to write poetry. Here's one of my recent ones:

(UNTITILED)

Jesus, your love sustains me,
Gives me strength to carry on.
You are more than mighty to save
Lifting me when strength is gone

Were it not for your Spirit
Working in my life
I'd be absolutely nothing
Living on in constant strife

Thank you for your hand,
Your presence in my days,
For your tender guidance
I owe you none but praise

You've been far too good -
I don't deserve all you give
Help me to love you more
And for you, my life to live




And, while I'm at it, why don't I include a "psalm" that I wrote as a Sunday school exercise:

Even when I'm far away
Your presence never leaves
Even when I'm most unworthy
You still pursue me, draw me near

I feel so undeserving
Of this love poured out so freely
I feel like I've turned too many times

Everywhere I turn
You search for me
Everywhere I look
You call to me

Like a lion's roar
From miles away
I hear and come -
Come running from my pit

You lift me up once again,
Shining your light on me
Once again I'm safe in your arms
Just where I belong.

0 comments: