CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, July 14, 2008

Hello faceless void that is blogger.com! Here I am, writing a blog again. Why do I write so much when I haven't gotten a single comment? Because I enjoy writing. I love typing my thoughts and "publishing" them, regardless of who does or doesn't read them. Tonight my thoughts are scattered and varried, so I'm going to blog list-style just because I can!

  • It's amazing how one phone call can change your whole day...especially when it's someone who calls only to tell you that they were just thinking about you. I'm STILL smiling thinking about it.
  • I have come to appritiate what I call my "heart friends." These are the friends that no matter how long it's been since we've been together, we pick right back up where we left off without missing a beat. They are the friends that I can let all of my defences down and be completely myself around...and the ones that I know are completely, whole-heartedly irreplacible.
  • I have a San Angelo shaped hole in my heart. Every day I long to be there more. I miss my friends there more than I can say and hate the fact that I can't tell anyone here how much I'm hurting because I'm not there.
  • Guys frustrate me. I hate the fact that I have to guard my heart so fiercely. I just wish that all guys would be consistant with their actions and their words. Here's a hint for any guys that might read this: if you tell a girl that you see her as nothing more than a friend, TREAT HER THAT WAY, TOO! Actions speak to the heart louder than words do, and a girl will definitely take to heart what you do more than what you say...do us all a favor and be consistant in that way, okay?
  • It's really hard for me to be honest with my friends when I know that my honesty will hurt them. I'd rather just not say anything at all and suffer through than cause the ones I love pain.
  • Finally, it's so amazing how one act of sweet kindness can reverse months of built up pain. It's no secret that I've been really hurting over various things recently, most of them leaving me to feel really rejected and unwanted...but the phone call I started out talking about brought so much healing to my heart. One of my very best guy friends called just to say that he was thinking about me. He told me that the Lord convicted him about not taking time to show those he loves that he genuinely cares about them and I was the first person he thought about needing to call and let know that he loves me. He also told me that no matter where I am in life he wants to stay connected to me and to always have me as a part of his life. This was so sweet and so needed in my life right about now. I almost cried when I got off the phone because I was so grateful to be shown that kind of love in the face of all the rejection I've felt recently. It was definitely a "go God!" kind of moment as my sister would say.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey love! We live on the Seminary, but we are hopefully going to move to Keller or somewhere around there in the coming months...like 6 months or so. It's alot closer to where my school is, so it would cut gas costs a ton! I'm glad to see you have a blog! I'll definitely be a reader of it. Are you having a wonderful summer?

Sarah said...

Love, love, love it! And love you, my soul twin!