CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm only posting because I'm bored

If anyone tells you that a life of leisure is the best life possible, do me a favor and SLAP THE HECK OUT OF THEM!!! I've been jobless since I got home for the summer (I am NOT jobless on purpose, I've been looking everywhere for a job and haven't been willing to settle for food service jobs) and it's been driving me absolutely insane. I've been doing my best to keep busy and be productive, but you know, life with nothing to do day after day gets to you after awhile. Here are some things I've resorted to in order to keep me busy:

- I have read (I kid you not) 15 full size books in the month and a half that I've been home.
- I have cleaned the entire house once by myself
- I have created two HUGE collages of pictures to hang in my new apartment
- I have helped both of my sisters pack up their things and move
- I have filled up one and a half paper journals writing about whatever comes to mind
- I have re-memorized the books of the Bible
- I have memorized an entire chapter in the Bible (granted, it was 1 Corinthians 13, not exactly the most difficult passage in the Bible to commit to memory)
- I have written, edited, or improved upwards of 30 poems
- I have done a better job keeping in contact with friends than I ever have in my life, writing at least one facebook message a day and calling and texting way too much
- I have gone to the lake almost four times in the last two weeks
- I have actually googled and saved to my computer pictures of places I am going to travel to one day.

And that's just the start! I've absolutely refused to turn into a mindless drone who sits and watches TV all day. I avoid turning on the TV like little boys avoid Michale Jackson (Oops - did I just say that? Certain guys in my life are rubbing off on me more than I thought) because I've so wanted to keep active and productive.

But, as time marches on my list of things to do grows smaller and smaller. I'm hoping to find a job to finish out the summer with so I don't feel like I've wasted my ENTIRE summer...it's even harder when I get made fun of for not being a "real adult" because I'm not working!

0 comments: